2017 National Data Set Now Open
We appreciate your organization’s participation in the National Data Set (NDS). In recent years as public reporting requirements increased, participation in the NDS decreased. As a result, we sought feedback from members to understand the value of the NDS and to help inform our decision-making moving forward.
Based on member feedback, the National Data Set collection is being re-imagined to make it easier for providers to participate. Here are some key points:
- The 2017 National Data Set is now open! Please visit the NDS page for the PDF of the survey to use as a worksheet before you submit data online.
- We reduced the amount of data requested (in other words, it's shorter).
- Your data will augment the data that you are required to submit to CMS.
- The National Summary of Hospice Care will be renamed and will continue to be a benefit of provider membership with NHPCO at no additional cost.
- The report will focus on staffing and volunteer and bereavement services, allowing your hospice to utilize these statistics as a reference for your annual budget planning.
After careful discussion and examination, the National Summary of Hospice Care reports for 2015 and 2016 will not be released. With such a low volume of data, producing reports for 2015 and 2016 would not provide you with substantive, useful, or meaningful statistics for strategic planning or comparison to your organization. We take seriously our responsibility to provide the most accurate and helpful tools and resources.
Please know how much we appreciate your past participation and your patience. We hope the reduction in data collection burden will increase the number of NDS participants. Your contribution is of utmost importance to how we build our reports so that they are valuable to you – we can’t do this without you.
We look forward to future data collection efforts with much excitement. Thank you for being such a valued member of NHPCO.
If you have questions about the NDS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.